es-269 Dual 6×9-inch ACM Subwoofer System
- Exceptionally low front profile: Architect-pleasing design with esoteric audiophile quality and professional audio output down to 40 Hz
- ACM (Active Compliance Management): Patent-pending hybrid design combines both band-pass and vented alignments into a single, compact footprint for more output and definition.
- Very low distortion with professional sound pressure output
- Innovative Purpose-designed dual 6×9-inch high output cone transducers
- Premium birch plywood enclosure with extensive internal bracing and a highly-durable Dura Coat finish.
- Specially designed for use with the VUEDrive V242 Systems Engine to provide a new level of sonic accuracy and output
- Flexible mounting bracket allows fixed installation on the wall or to the ceiling
- Themed entertainment venues
- 3D sound-fields & special effects
- Theatrical sound reinforcement
- High definition distributed music systems
- Portable and installed systems
- Audio for video distributed and surround
- Museum and corporate boardrooms
- Outdoor & marine installations
The es-269 compact ACM subwoofer system redefines small subwoofer capabilities by producing high output exceptionally high-quality sound from a very compact dual driver system. With reference quality flat low-end response from 200 to 45 Hz, the es-269 is capable of output levels of systems typically twice the size.
The es-269 apples VUE’s patent-pending ACM -Active Compliance Management- technology from the hm-class subwoofers, to a new compact even “mini” subwoofer breaking the normal size ratio to SPL output standards. ACM technology combines both band-pass and vented alignments into a single enclosure. The s-269 places two high performance, 6×9-inch transducers into this configuration, with both woofers sharing a common vented chamber. One woofer’s frontal radiation is direct, while the second woofer’s frontal radiation drives the band-pass chamber.
Using sophisticated DSP the two ACM subsections combine acoustically precisely aligning the phase arrivals of the front facing woofer, the common chamber vent, and output of the bandpass chamber vent. The powerful amplifier sends 200W of pure sine wave power (350W “burst”) with a unique optimized signal to each woofer. The combination of 700 watts of burst power produces over 124 dB peak output in a half space environment (ground stacked).
The combination of ACM, precision-engineered transducers, and sophisticated electronics allows the s-269 to deliver much higher output throughout its operating bandwidth from a remarkably small enclosure.
The passive es-269 is precisely mated and requires the specialized DSP in the VUEDrive V242 Systems Engine to maximize response accuracy while providing ACM alignment, maximum power, and transducer protection. Two outputs of the V242 can power a one or two es-269’s. For large facilities VUE offers Q-SYS support for the entire e-Class product range,
System Designers can now combine the pristine audio quality and unprecedented size to output capabilities VUE’s e-Class offers into their fully scalable AV environments using the familiar Q-SYS Designer Software and native user control interface.
ACM™ Vue innovation
Both woofers share a common vented chamber. The DSP-modified signal to each woofer changes the compliance of air, thereby increasing the effective volume within the main chamber. For detailed information about how VUE’s proprietary ACM™ design produces more low-frequency output for a given size enclosure than other vented box designs see the ACM technology page.
Sophisticated DSP synchronizes all three acoustic outputs:
Think of SystemVUE Software as command central for the SystemVUE network. Elegantly simple, and deceptively powerful, SystemVUE software combines system and device-level control and monitoring capabilities with a highly intuitive user interface that’s fully compatible with both Macintosh OSX and Windows operating systems.
Most importantly, SystemVUE software was designed with significant input from installers and system integrators. So unlike other applications that were developed from the perspective of the DSP or electronics engineer, SystemVUE software takes a practical, real world approach and puts the most critical functions right up front and within easy reach.